1 John 5:19
19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.
The verse says we "know" that we are of God & I think know is a powerful word. Thinking of someone famous or someone "bigger than life" that you look up to & to say that you "know" them carries much weight. Its a kind of certainty that's secure & grounded in you. So if we "know" that we are of God then the fact that the whole world is under the sway of the wicked shouldn't worry us or instill fear in us but cause concern & be heavy in our hearts for the lost that live in this world. I chose this version because when I think of sway , I think of seduction its like its happening & you don't even know it & by the time you do its too late. And that's how the enemy works in everything he does.
No comments:
Post a Comment