13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
When I read this I think about the people who blame God for their temptation and I try to think about the root problem. People blames God (& others) because they don't ant to admit they are at fault. I may be wrong but my personal opinion is they are insecure, hurt, maybe have low self esteem & since God is so mysterious for them in the first place He seems like a good place to start. In EVERY temptation there is a way out but our flesh &/or the enemy tries to convince us that the temptation is so good disobeying God & deceiving ourselves is worth it.
But I believe the mature believer knows when Satan is attacking him so when we walk away from temptation & stay faithful to the Lord it strengthens our faith & our walk with Him. God has nothing to hide He doesn't have to "lure" & "entice" us to do or tell us anything, there's no point or reason for us to entice ourselves so its clearly the enemy.
When I read this I think about the people who blame God for their temptation and I try to think about the root problem. People blames God (& others) because they don't ant to admit they are at fault. I may be wrong but my personal opinion is they are insecure, hurt, maybe have low self esteem & since God is so mysterious for them in the first place He seems like a good place to start. In EVERY temptation there is a way out but our flesh &/or the enemy tries to convince us that the temptation is so good disobeying God & deceiving ourselves is worth it.
But I believe the mature believer knows when Satan is attacking him so when we walk away from temptation & stay faithful to the Lord it strengthens our faith & our walk with Him. God has nothing to hide He doesn't have to "lure" & "entice" us to do or tell us anything, there's no point or reason for us to entice ourselves so its clearly the enemy.
No comments:
Post a Comment